CAMPUS GUIDELINES &
You could carry the following items which would help you attend the sessions comfortably.
– Socks, scarf, shawl, cushions (if necessary)
– Blinders and ear plugs
– Notebooks and pens
– Water bottle
– Vegetarian, Indian food is offered at the Academy.
– Gluten free food also forms a part of the menu.
– There is no possibility to cook your own food.
– If you are allergic or sensitive to certain kind of food, please carry your own food and/or supplements.
– You could also buy snacks, nuts, tea, coffee, juices that are available at Cafe Yogi.
– We recommend lightweight pants and short-sleeved shirts for both women and men. Out of respect for the Indian culture and the nature of the program, we recommend that you dress comfortably and simply with an emphasis on modesty. Non-revealing white or light colored clothes that cover the shoulders, chest and knees are recommended.
– Tight, transparent or revealing clothes, such as short skirts, tights and leggings, sleeveless or skimpy tops are likely to distract others and be discordant with the culture of the country. The key is to wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes that ‘breathe’ and are preferably cotton or other natural fibers.
WHAT TO PACK
– Bed sheets and towels will be provided. Please bring your own toiletries with you.
– You could carry an extra pair of slippers/sandals for use inside the building.
– You could also bring a flashlight, hat, umbrella and/or raincoat.
– Doctors are available on campus. There are two hospitals near the Academy.
– Kindly carry medicines that you are using currently and other medication that may be very specific to your condition.
– Yogi Boutique has wonderful collection of Books, CDs, Clothes, bags, Indian jewellery and similar products.
– Ekam Ayur Products
– Wireless internet cards are offered free in the campus for one device. You could buy one more card if you need for another device.
DO’s & DON’Ts
– Lockers are available for keeping valuable items. However the Academy is not responsible for your belongings.
– Use of cameras and cell phones is prohibited in the meditation halls and at Ekam.
– Smoking, alcohol, narcotics are strictly prohibited. Action would be taken by the Academy on the use of these substances in the campus.
– Participants are not permitted to leave the premises without permission from the Academy.
Homa, the fire ritual – You will perform along with others your own personal Homa. This is an optional event. There are sometimes “Special Homa’s and Puja’s (rituals)” that you may want to have extra money for.
Registration takes place on Arrival Day of each process on the campus of stay. You will be informed when once you arrive. Kindly check the notice board for the timings.
During registration, you will receive a Process Badge for the duration of the process. It is mandatory to wear your badge throughout your stay at the Academy.
WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REFUND ANY MONEY FOR ANY REASON ONCE REGISTERED.
You will be responsible for your own arrival and departure transportation to and from O&O Academy. Further down on this page you will find contact information to book your Taxi.
You can exchange money to INR (Indian rupees) when you arrive at the our campus during registration.
For most countries you will need to have a Passport in order to travel to India. Please check if this applies in your country. Make sure you have a valid passport with an expiry date that is not too soon (if you feel like staying longer in India), valid visa and tickets.
If you need to get a Visa for your country to enter India, please only apply for a Tourist Visa. Just explain on the application that you are traveling India as a tourist sight seeing.
Local Contact: Sunilji
Varadaiahpalem, Chittoor District,
Andhra Pradesh – 517 541,
Transportation to and from O & O Academy
You will be responsible for your transportation to and from O&O Academy. Due to security reasons, we require all visitors and participants traveling to and from O&O Academy to use the following details.